Spring 2019

The spring started with good energy. I did at least one raised garden bed with each volunteer. However I maybe should have done the basic improvements first. During the year Lomba got new beds, gas stove (which is nice especially, if there is no one there constantly keeping the fire) and renovation of the chimney. With chimney especially I took too long before getting into the heart of the trouble. It had collapsed completely from inside. So there was no way it could have worked last times before the restoration.

The garden beds worked very well, if done with the care. I mean, if the protecting mulch (dry incenso leaves) was put on the right time (when the desired plant has sprouted, so its sprout can be over the mulch), the garden didn´t need much care taking. Also the cryptomeria paths did their job of keeping the snails away (at least I felt it was the reason). Putting the water cleaning plants to the greenhouse in order to keep moisture and nutrients for chili worked also very well. Chilis have been since giving constantly a lot and are about the best thing that come out of the garden. Its actually strange to see chilis without fruit like in the picture below.
Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello and welcome!

Winter 2019